[thoughts on beauty]

Insecurity is, ultimately, an effect of placing your value in some aspect of yourself, rather than in Christ.
For if we place our value in how we look, or how we interact with others, or how disciplined we are, we will fail. Miserably. Today I'm speaking mostly towards the insecurities that, if we're being honest, all girls face to some degree, and probably a lot of guys; the outward appearance. Outward appearance is relative, and if that's where your security is, you will never really be pretty enough. Often, you will be far too ugly. We all want to be beautiful, and the good news is that if Christ is in you, His beauty shines through you, and you become more beautiful than anything. As Christians, we should be focused not on portraying self, but portraying Christ to others. This is humility, not the denial of self, but the complete overlooking of self; and humility is one of the most beautiful things there is. When we are focused on portraying Christ: then, and only then, will we be truly beautiful.
I have so much to say on this and so few ways to say it. I want to expound, but I want this be be condensed.
Thoughts?

Shaina

Comments

  1. I think you're very right. Christ is to be our complete center and to be shown through ourselves and our lives. (:
    I actually wrote something on this subject on my blog, if you'd like I'll link to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, here it is (:
      http://valliegurl.tumblr.com/post/14976886593/i-feel-beautiful-today

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts