[quotes!]

 "Let me seek Thee in longing, let me long for Thee in seeking; let me find Thee in love, and love Thee in finding....Free me from myself towards Thee. Cleanse, heal, sharpen, enlighten the eye of the mind, that it may behold Thee. Let my soul recover its strength, and with all its understanding let it strive toward Thee, O Lord. What art Thou, Lord, what art Thou?....Assuredly Thou art life, Thou art wisdom, Thou art truth, Thou art goodness, Thou art blessedness, Thou art eternity, and Thou art every true good."
-Anselm, Proslogium


"Why, then dost thou wander abroad, slight man, in thy search for the goods of thy soul and body? Love the One good in which are all goods, and it sufficeth. There is whatever ye love, whatever ye desire." -Anselm, Proslogium

I know, guys, it's been forever. Like, a really, really long time, anyway.  If anybody still reads this, here are some quotes from what I've been reading in school. I love Anselm, he reminds me so much of Augustine in his Confessions, and that's a good thing, because Confessions is, as you all know, one of my favorite books. Ever. Anselm has some really good stuff as well. I want the heart that these men have of seeking God relentlessly. 

Blessings, 
Shaina

Comments

Popular Posts