[meditations]

The Meditations
of
Shaina

From my grandfather I learned honesty, with yourself, with others, and with God. I have always seen in him a patience and gentleness that gives his character greatness. He taught me that I am treasured and beautiful. From him also I learned to tie a slip knot.

 From my grandmother I learned how to say "yes" to the impossible things God asks us to do; and that a small act of kindness can bind a grateful heart to you forever. She taught me how to bake bread and how to handle kittens and chicks.

 From my father I learned how to work, well and quickly; and with a joyful spirit. He taught me to cherish people with my actions. From him I also learned to seriously consider a criticism of your actions, no matter how unworthy of respect the source of that criticism is. I learned what unconditional love looks like from him, and how to take my coffee.

 From my mother I learned to cherish others with my words, to sing of my Redeemer, and to place my identity in Him solely.

 From my sister I learned to share my heart with others.

 From my younger siblings I am learning patience. They have taught me what childlike faith and simplicity looks like.
 
 From Karie I learned that His strength is made perfect in our weakness, and that there is nothing more attractive than the joy of the Lord.

 From Alyssa that you mustn't waste the time God gives you with people; that when I see a special beauty in someone's eyes, it will be worth it to pursue it.

From Breanna I learned to love simply and without condition.

 From my great grandfather, that laughter is the best medicine, and that the effectual fervent prayers of a righteous man availeth much.

From Rachael I learned what it looks like to pray without ceasing.

 From Gerard and Megan, what purity of love for each other, for God, and for other people looks like.

 From J, the value of patience and commitment.

 From Mr. Callihan I learned the love of wisdom.

From Mrs. Callihan what gentle and strong womanhood looks like.

 From Emily, that souls can touch.

 From Lisa, how wonderful it is both to love someone and to like them. That true joy shines forth from somebody's face and eyes and cannot be extinguished.

From Mr. Shoemaker I learned reliance on God.

From my second mom, that sometimes you have to value a relationship more than your personal comfort and wishes.

In Hazel I saw beautiful humility and endless giving.

 From Amy I learned that people are always more beautiful when seen with the eyes of Christ.

 From an unnamed friend, that the strongest hearts are the most fragile and the driest eyes have run out of tears.That the cuts bleed so that the heart can, too. That I don't have all the answers.

 To my heavenly Father I am indebted for having good grandparents, good parents, a good sister, a good teacher, good friends, good family, nearly everything good. Further, I am grateful to Him for sending me to study at Hill Abbey, for using His saints as instruments to teach me about Himself, and for His mercy and lovingkindness in sending His son to die for us.

Comments

Popular Posts