I went on a walk a few days ago, eager to saver the early morning air and some peaceful time to myself. I opened my mouth to pour out my griefs and troubles to my Father, but caught myself and instead gave thanks for the green surrounding me, the vast expanse of blue overhead, the breeze playing my hair and cooling my glistening forehead, the lungs pumping out my ragged breaths.
This thanksgiving doesn't minimize the burdens on my soul. But it gives me a right perspective to come before the throne; it is a reminder of God's love in all things, a reassurance that when I place my requests in His hands, He will act out of love, for me, for you, for the human race, as He did 2000 years ago. His love is boundless, endless, constant, true.

Summer and winter, and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above,
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.


This was influenced by Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts.The posts I've done before that are speaking to God or of God like a prayer, are deeply influenced by Confessions. I highly recommend both books.


Comments

Popular Posts