[quote]

"Our Lord seemed to go so easily and calmly amongst all kinds of men-when He met a man who could sink to the level of Judas, He never turned cynical, never lost heart or got discouraged; and when He met a loyal loving heart like John's He was not unduly elated. He never overpraised him. When we meet extra goodness or extra badness we feel exactly the opposite; but Jesus 'knew what was in man'. He knew exactly what human beings were like and what they needed, and He saw in them something no one else ever saw-hope for the most degraded. Jesus had a tremendous hopefulness about man.
In Matthew 15, our Lord tells His disciples what the human heart is like-"Out of the heart proceed..." and then follows the ugly catalogue. We say, "I never felt any of those things in my heart," and we prefer to trust our innocent ignorance rather than Jesus Christ's penetration.....If I have never been a blackguard, the reason is a mixture of cowardice and the protection of civilized life; but when I am undressed before God I find that Jesus is right in His diagnosis. As long as I remain under the refuge of innocence, I am living in a fool's paradise."
 -Oswald Chambers

Comments

Popular Posts